Thursday, February 21, 2013

I wrote the prior post the day before I left for Boston to begin a long-planned trip with our grandson, Cameron, who graduated from high school in Rochester, NH in June.  We began talking about such a trip a few years, but it became a commitment about two years ago, and we began planning the particulars early this year.

We wrote about that adventure together in our joint blog called Cam And Bobs Euro Trip, regularly and often at first, more sporadically later.  It tailed off on October 16 to zilch even though we had five days of Europe left to go through before heading home.

I returned to Key West alone on October 22.  I was gone for 47 days in all and I thought little about what I had been doing before I left.  Oh, I read the Key West newspapers, and kept up with some e-mails, and visited FaceBook to post photos, as did Cameron.  We even used Skype sometimes to keep in touch with friends and family through audio and video chats.  But we tried to live in what some people call the here and now, the things that were in front of us rather than the things back home.

Since coming back to Key West I've been embroiled in matters having to do with the land trust of which I have been a board member for the past six years.

No comments:

Post a Comment